Friday, October 7, 2011

One Day in Bangkok

Being faithful readers of the NY Times travel section, Betsy and I know how to get the most out of 36 Hours in X. In this edition, X is Bangkok, where we've had a quick visit to Mahidol University, a new study abroad partner for Wheaton. I had a good conversation with Associate Dean of International Affairs Charles Windish, an ex-pat from Georgia Tech who has lived in Bangkok for nine years. But it was his incredibly capable assistant, Wanpimon Senapadpakorn (I love Thai names; they completely flummox the spell-check) with whom we spent more time. The day broke down into four memorable chunks, which I'll separate into four posts, as there is a good chance I'm going to fall facedown onto my keyboard any moment (delayed jet lag, I suspect), and small slices seem more manageable.


The lovely and fashionable and helpful Wanpimon and me at Don Wai Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment