Friday, October 7, 2011

Betsy Weighs In

Hello, everyone -- Betsy here. I'm writing to verify everything in the previous entry. A Thai massage has absolutely nothing in common with a day at the Spa at Stoweflake. While Lee's masseuse was fairly diminutive, mine had a physique a Sumo wrestler would have been proud of, and when she flipped me onto my stomach and pinned me between her massive thighs, I knew I was in trouble. She'd already warmed up with a few slaps and karate chops to the soles of my feet and my calves, but there was plenty more to come. I thought I was just being a sissy, though, until I had the chance to turn my head to the right and catch a glimpse of Lee. Her hands were balled into fists by her side and it was clear that she wasn't blissed out, however fully in the moment she was (and believe me, we were very fully in the moment -- there was no chance of dozing).

The pajamas were pretty cute, though. I might go back to steal them.

Mostly I figure we fortified ourselves for the climb up Tiger's Nest. That'll be a cakewalk after two hours at the hands of the Thai-Sumo-wrestler. And my calves will be ready.

Excited for Bhutan and our first glimpse of the Himalayas in a couple of hours. I'm sure we'll have stories to tell, but perhaps none as "invigorating" as our tale of the Thai massage. Whose idea was that anyway??



No comments:

Post a Comment